Welcome to G.Ryder & Co. Ltd.
the UK’s leading manufacturer
of handmade archival and luxury boxes
G. Ryder & Co. Ltd. was founded in the City of London in 1914 by Gerard Ryder. The company started life as a manufacturer of boxes and letter files and the first order, half a gross of letter files, was hand delivered by Gerard himself using a wheelbarrow for transport.
In the late 1940s many manufacturers began using automated box production but G. Ryder continued to make everything by hand preferring to maintain growth by producing quality bespoke products. In 1956 the company acquired additional premises in Bletchley and by the early 1970s the entire company had relocated to the Buckinghamshire town.
Today the company is still producing the finest handmade boxes for our leading galleries, museums and institutions in addition to a vast range of bespoke boxes for leading luxury brand designers and manufacturers.